The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Friday, February 20, 2004

Be Goo

Existentialle Pensee du Jour: Who stamps the phrases on those little Necco Valentine's Hearts? I was told on one to "be goo" which, granted, is an option in the grand scheme of things, however it would be a far better long term injunction to include a final "d." I was also told that "URA QT" which had me laughing over the thought that I'd missed a new nation on the Arabian Peninsula. I'm afraid I'm no good at those heart thingies. I'm just as bad with them as I am at playing Dungeons & Dragons. Give me a fortune cookie (in bed...whoops! ;).

What is good:

  • Not having opera lesson today after all, hence giving me more time to simply "be goo" on the couch and recoup.

  • Going out yesterday with Jules to Chinese buffet lunch. Particularly good since...well, see below.

  • PIRATES! Yes, mes cheres et mademoiselles, the play is faboo. I post this article from the Sudbudy Town Cryer (Holy cheese monkeys! We made the front page!), and a link to performance info and this really cool picture Mom took (see below).



  • Showers, Barbera Prunera's Chicken Casserole Complete With Bread Rolls And Oatmeal Cookies (Soft), rereading Terry Pratchett, Many Many Blankets whilst cuddling the Shadow and Mr. Nibbs. Yeah. Actually stopping for an hour or two.

    Was ist nicht so gut:

  • Nine hours in the theatre finishing lighting cues, subsisting on fewer...needs...than I thought to bring, being in an extremely hot, uncomfortable booth, subsisting on Chinese lunch for ten hours, supplemented by dry popcorn, dryer tortilla chips, a squishy orange, aforementioned hard Necco candy, and a gallon of water. And not having a toothbrush nearby. And the breakers dying regularly. So that we couldn't quite tell whether we had blue up or a door light up or if we were going to get an interesting shade of violent orange.

  • Not having time to breathe until this moment. And still not really having enough time to breathe, because I still need to finish up the turkey leg (looks too much like a big billy club), beautify for opening night, and most importantly get together lighting/blocking/nitpicking notes for tonight. Blaugh.

  • Not having had a vacation.

  • Ibid.

  • Ribbit ibid.

  • Flubphit (courtesy of Johnny English, which is very good!)

    What is curious:

  • So, I went in for my interview with Hudson Drama Arts Alliance yesterday only to find out that they had already hired the guy who did Footloose to do this year's summer musical Fame prompting me to think, "Then why am I here? Is John Cleese about to walk through the door?" However, over the course of talking for an hour, I may be coming in to the summer show to do a one-day workshop on character, and I may be doing a new fall chamber theatre thing for them, possibly Tartuffe or Murder in the Cathedral...that is if I don't go out for King and I with Needham, or look into SLOC after all....

  • Well, at least I'll be busy! (And Julie didn't hit me upside the head for considering three shows in the next school year.) Of course, the trade off is that I take the summer off...from directing anyway. I certainly intend to write the next novel, and maybe also keep working on TSV regardless (actually, while waiting for the lights to be ready for me to futz with, I started what may be the next novel - I hope!), lost my predicate...anywho, I'm thinking of auditioning to be IN a show somewhere. Need to look around. It would be good to act again.

  • Life is so odd. Good. Very good. Marvellous (as in, full of marvels...why not marvelful? Sounds like marmelade). Good golly, God, I need aid! Amen! Keep me doing Your will, not mine! (But, boy, do you have a schedule for me! Keep me going, God. Keep me going.)

    Mood: Thus die I: thus, thus, thus.
    Music: Chicago. It's not Pirates...which I've been dreaming about this ENTIRE week, except this morning when I was dreaming of clocks running out of time...hmmm, wonder what that means on opening day? ;P
    What Made My Day: The visit with Barbera
    What Severely Damaged My Day: Yesterday
    What Could Make Or Break My Day: Tonight's lights
    What Will Certainly Be Well Deserved: Tonight's cast party
    What Was Not Deserved: AIM. (Ppppth. Ich leibe dich, Jules! Squee-hee-hee-ha-ho-ugh. *Whimper.*)
    What Tomorrow Holds: Oh, by all that's holy, confession?

    And one more for the road. What is it about "his boots were up to the thigh?" Yeah, Emily, the Manifier! Single-handedly going forth and putting men back in floofy shirts to make girls swoon!

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home