The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, February 01, 2004

All I want is a room somewhere

Far away from the cold night air
With one enormous chair -
Ow, wouldn't it be loverly!

Lots of chocolates for me to eat
Lots of coal making lots of heat
Warm face, warm hands, warm feet -
Ow, wouldn't it be loverly!

Oh, so loverly sitting
Absobloominglutely still (what a great word).
I would never budge 'til spring
Came over me windowsill!

Someone's head resting on my knee
Warm and tender as 'e can be
Who takes good care o' me -
Ow, wouldn't it be loverly!


And all is well and Errol Flynn is magnificent and the Butterfly Effect is weird, and the PoP orchestra is amazing, and I have too much laundry, and feel bad for spiders who creep into my lit candles, and the days are getting slowly warmer and apple cake is in me belly and Julie hugging and party coming and signs painted and heaters working and Coke fizzing and leftover rice. HA! And I think I may have another route into Gavron. Which would be faboo. If I do. Boo-boop-te-doo.

I wonder what definitive argument could sway the upcoming decision? But then I realize, that to those who are bound on some madness, no argument is possible. Oh, St. Chesterton! Pray for us!

Mood: I wonder if I could do a remake of Ivanhoe - silly book, but there's story in there somewhere.
Music: Nothing at the moment, but was just Robin Hood.
Thought: I need to do more spiritual reading. Today's scriptures were spot-on what I needed to hear (one was 1 Cor. 13 - LOL! I wondered if any of my Sophomores actually went to mass today). Praise God! But yeah, I've let my defenses drop, I've been let off easy this year and forgotten how to gird on my armour so.... FWAH! Be strong, and of good courage. Be not afraid, nor dismayed. For the Lord is with you wherever you go! ~ Joshua 1:9.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home