The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, February 08, 2004

At the risk of being unable

to fit my head through the metaphorical door....

I has seen the light, I has seen the tape, I has seen what others have done before, and so with surety I decla-yare, that at least within the sphere of this very small pond, I may say without a shadow of a doubt (to alleviate what doubts always linger in my soul):

Still the prettiest. Nyah.

One more day all on my ownCurious, that I don't mean looks. But the difficulty isn't merely "surprising the audience" but rather making such surprises part of character rather than "stupid circus tricks" as those college boys put it so well so many years ago. ("Look. I can put my leg behind my head and jump around. Ha ha ha." Wow - talk about your tough houses.) I had no idea how grateful I truly was for the Savoyards until tonight - the ability to have so much all at the price of asking (and yes, compromise). And to have a goodly sized cast and a huge stage and.... I am humbled and honored. Wow. This is going to be one awesome show.

And what's sad, really, is that I'm already beginning to think of what other shows I should like to do in the future. I need more tragedies on my plate - haven't had enough of those. Man of La Mancha, West Side Story, Hamlet, Othello, Richard II - as well as the comedies: Tartuffe, As You Like It, My Fair Lady - or the inbetweeners: anything Rodgers and Hammerstein, Les Miserables, Phantom, Secret Garden, Sunset Boulevard. Someday I shall direct La Boheme. And perhaps Tosca, too. It's silly in a way - here I was only last week moping about the future laid before my feet and now I dream about it. But that is, I suppose, in itself the test of a vocation - that it keeps "calling [you] back" to pick up that cross again - that sweet and bitter cross. The beauty in the agony. The triumph of the Crucified.

Anywho, finishing downloading songs for Jules...must off to sleep for mass and rehearsal tomorrow...many prayers on those going to the rally! Amen!

Mood: Valiant. Still the prettiest.
Music: Hmmm, currently Treasure Planet
Thought: None. (There is nothing I would more willingly part withal?) Good golly I want to be IN a play....
Caption: One more day all on my own/One more day with him not caring/What a life I might have known/But he never saw me there!...He was never mine to lose/Why regret what cannot be? "And then she said in a voice that already seemed to come from Heaven, 'Will you do me this one favour, M. Marius? When I die, will you kiss my brow? I promise, I shall feel it.'" Sigh! What an incredible character. There is nothing more noble than selflessness. Although the quotes I just put were not her best selfless quotes...hmmm. A pity that the English version isn't the standard over this side of the pond as well. Trevor Nunn, I bow to you.
And here I thought I was going to get Fatty Bolger. Well, if I must.... ;P (Really, one wonders what the fascination with quizzes is? The two minute duration? The vaguely humorous questions? Cattish curiosity? Boredom? Desperate need for diversion? Reminds one of Alanis Morrisette's [sp?] song: "Here, can you handle this? [paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause] Did you think about your bills, your ex, your deadlines, or when you think you're gonna die? Do you long for the next distraction?" Good song.)

aragorn
Your man is King Aragorn (The rating takes place
below)


The last 'WHICH LOTR GUY IS FOR YOU?' quiz you'll ever have to take - and you won't be able to pick your outcome! Well, now, that last bit's not entirely true.... They did a better job than most, though; aka those which ask with such subtlety "Do you like a hobbit who wears a scarf or a hobbit with big blue eyes?" Similar to the non-partisan subtlety of Time Magazine's recent cover which pondered the completely objective question: "What sort of president would Kerry make?" Oy.
brought to you by Quizilla

Splutter: What? No Mrs. Longbottom? Neville, I pine for thee. (To be sung to Auld Lang Syne: Pine trees, pine trees...etc.) The madness goes ever on and on/Down from the quiz where it began/And though I know it's dumb and wrong/I'll still post this if I can....

sexy daniel
U R: Mrs Potter. now, for your viewing pleasure
please spend no fewer than 10 minutes staring
at your honey (don't say we neva do anything
for ya) and don't forget to vote on ya way out!


Who is ur Lord of the Potter/Harry of the Rings by J.R.R.K. Tolk/ingQuestion: Is being unable to spell simply words such as "your" a prerequisite for making one of these things? And I teach those who would switch "your" to "ur" - another example of brilliance through creative spelling. Let us regress to the earliest name-places which were seen as backwards even in the multisyllabic first-epic Gilgamesh. Ur. (Although one is tempted to brag that one's OWN students would never write ur for your. Or ur for you are for that matter. Or you're. Or whatever other semaphoric configuration you'd care to apply.) "Betcha" Wells never saw this one coming - not only newspeak but newspell.
brought to you by Quizilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home