The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, January 18, 2004

What time is it?Media D.T.'s (and pretty pictures)

Hello, my name is Emily and I am media addict. I've been really really really good lately, but tonight (due to several factors) I decided to go out and finally get A Mighty Wind. Oh, and the latest Coldplay album. And is that 28 Days really cheap? Ooooh, discount Best of the Monkees! And Best of the Chieftans ditto. Big Fish a must - couldn't find Secondhand Lions (poot) - but they had Hugh Jackman's Oklahoma! (swoon). But no Mighty Wind found I at WalMart (although they did have Jim Henson's complete Storyteller episodes! Yeah, well, how long will it be available? I missed the boat on the movie albums....), so it's off to Target. And Target's selling discount DVD's of Little Women, Midsummer Night's Dream (3.99, no joke!), Ever After, Much Ado About Nothing and...yes! A Mighty Wind.

Johnny English is out this week, but it will have to wait. And I am still patiently abiding for the full X-Men Trilogy (or whatever it will be), as well as the 12-disc set of LOTR (which had BETTER come out!), and at some point Indiana Jones will have to be gotten...but those are larger purchases and can most definitely wait. They'll still be out, certainly.

I loves me media. And I so needed to see Bob Balaban's ubernervous character get whacked upside the head in A Mighty Wind. *sigh* Great movie. Great music - I'd really love to have a whole Mitch and Mickey album.

But anywho, so I plan to get my bathroom in full working order tomorrow. Paint the walls and then hopefully even decorate them by painting ivy, etc. over it, hang up the shelf, assemble the hamper bought over the summer, and make at least one room completely lovely and habitable. My own larger area will be a greater undertaking - something I haven't the time for right now since I need to convert into hardcopy my blocking notes. What was it Viggo Mortensen (sp?) said again? "Adapt and overcome." That's it, me boyo.

What an utter waste of blog, to paraphrase the great Cleese. Off to Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett if I can stand it. If not, I'll pick up Feet of Clay again after all. Hmmmm, maybe we need our own 28 Days program?

Why can I not THINK? Actually, the other night after a bunch of stress, Dad graciously offered to take me out somewhere so that we could talk. We did so. He explained to me the Small Rift idea. I'd love it if he'd take classes in calculus or whatever he needs to develop this theory further. It's fascinating. Brain steak. So good to think in the realm of advanced science and math, rather than the subjective world of art. I am reminded why I took those subjects in high school. Anywho, so I advanced to him my theory that what with the "rise of ADD behavior" it seems to be directly linked with our own fragmentation of society via an overdose of the senses. Wouldn't Locke laugh - Mr. You Can Only Trust What You Sense himself! See where it leads you! It breaks apart the psyche because nothing holds your senses together. You have no filter and in our society a constant barrage. Remove the spirit, remove silence which is the language of the spirit, and we're grasping after fleeting sound and sight, unable to speak. One desires to burst into Simon and Garfunkle. There's more to this. Must brush up first on my St. Theresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross and Aristotle's Metaphysics. Ugh! And another victim to fragmentation overload! Where are the long stretches of time in which to think? Lord, only in Heaven?

Mood: Wistful. I should like to go to my true home, please.
Music: Clocks by Coldplay
Thought: It cannot be possible to experience boredom outside of time, because boredom is created by the inability to know what to do with time.
Thought Redux: I wonder if light, space and time really are all so closely intertwined. Which came first? Or in our focus on matter re: the beginning of the world, is it that we have forgotten the first and last presuming them to have also always existed? Is light really such an important factor re: the genesis of creation? But it must be result, which makes greater sense. Although to be a result it must be from a source which is itself light. Oooh, I love philosophy theology physics!
Caption above: Emily upon arising: What time is it? Too early to be noon, I hope. Bring me hot chocolate. And a man. Or just the chocolate.
Caption below: Emily before retiring: I ponder, I think, I wear a bonnet and an apron and have a lady in waiting. Or I ponder and think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home