The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, November 02, 2008

In Memoriam

How fitting that I finished - for all intents and purposes (minor revisions notwithstanding) - In Memoriam on this feast of All Souls! The last time I finished a play - oh, back in March or April of this year, wasn't it? Wallace's Will, I found myself hollow, eyes staring, still within that world, utterly spent. But with this play, I feel myself at peace, breathing again - good, cool air. And yes, my thinking is still in that language - all dream-like and tangental, poetic in its prose - but that, too, will pass.

However, I wanted to take a moment to commemorate this moment, a moment to - fittingly - capture this memory, put it pen on paper as it were, be able to recall that once I finished writing, sat back, and felt the burden lifted.

It is done, it is done, glory, hallelujah, it is done.

Mood: Much better, much calmer.
Music: Currently, Apocalypta's string quartet cover of Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" - however, whilst writing it was Greenday's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" on repeat.
Thought: Ah, but here is the limp-limbed uselessness I recall. The legs of a marathoner after he's stood still....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home