The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

But this sums it up best:

Discuss the Passion :: View topic - I have been a Christian for years, but this impacted me!: "Over the weekend, I was watching the news and all of the 'controversy' around the movie. I was thinking that what the media wants to do is focus on controversy, focus on Mel...anything but talk about Jesus! The media will try to get people to miss the message...but I don't think it can be missed. Jesus suffered for you and for me...he willingly went to the cross for to bear our sin. The reality of His suffering presented in this movie will make millions of Christians and non-Christians alike realize what really happened, and most of all, that Jesus loves them!!!"

He does love you - with a passionate, intense and personal love. More than any human will love you, for He knows all your faults and love you despite them; more than you can ever love yourself, for He knows who you may become and who you have yet to be. He loves you, He loves you, He loves you. And there is nothing that can seperate you from His love...except yourself. And even so, He will love you, pine for you, long for you, and call you ever back to Him. How can we spurn Him who cherishes us so? You are not abandoned, do not give into despair; He has borne you thus far, He will bear you farther.

Mood: Oh my Lord, how I love Thee! How little I deserve Thee! Teach me how to be like Thee! Teach me how to love like Thee! Be ever near me, draw me ever close to Thee, so that with Thee I may ever be forever and ever, amen.
Music: The Canon from The Royal Tenenbaums
Thought: He was crushed for our offenses, upon Him was laid the guilt of us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home