The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Thursday, November 13, 2003

Not much to say, except



THIS made my day! Right, so the daily wrap-up:

1) Parent meetings weren't horrific. Surprisingly, did not see parents of student who I had to do up report for. Several pleasant encounters. All is right with the world.

2) Am semi-recovered from overworking my body. I had a slight fever last night, went to bed around 9, fell asleep around 10, woke up at 6:30 still with slight fever and called in sick for the morning. Made it through the day. Fever receded somewhat. Am now about to go to sleep again, and soon. Right - if my body wasn't dealing with THAT stress, how will it deal with everything else I'm going to be throwing at it?

3) I think I've figured out how Aiden is going to work as a novel. Am contemplating Isobel losing her first child during the course of first novel. May do so. Means I need to rewrite last section of Urdur/Selecia scene, but means I get to use the Urdur/Selecia scene. Now to figure out who this mysterious "medicine man" guy is - and what relation to Imordda. Did I write this down already?

4) I had this fabulous idea on the way back about something I want to blog. It was clever, it was insightful, it is gone. *nnnngh*

5) Ah, nevermind. Just tried to think of something worth reading. *pffft!* Good night, mes cheres! Boogie down!

Mood: Dang! What was that masked thought?
Mood Redux: That was that masked thought! It was - OK, this isn't well-thought out - but I was thinking of "internet handles" - that is the code names we come up with for ourselves to preserve anonymity (sp?), even while hoping to make a name for ourselves. And yet, most of these pixelated masks that we create are hollow, are obviously an attempt at something clever or dashing to really cover a normal - and sometimes "dull" - life. And yet, I thought, I love writing about "masked men" or putting them on stage. There's something romantic about a mask, an opportunity to be the smirking vigilante that one can't be in daily life. Yet, I think only those who already have some substance can pull off a mask well. Meaning, a mask covering a vaccuum, or a shallowness, is no greater than that which it covers. In order for a mask to have effect, it must cover that which is already full and vibrant. In fact, masks - like mirrors - work best to reflect who we truly are (although not to be confused for the original). Just a poor beginning of a thought - rather amusing to return to the subject of so many of my high school poems.
Music: Secret Garden Dreamcatcher
Thought: Nope. Solly, Chahllie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home