The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Monday, August 25, 2003

Pixelterior Decoration

Don't anyone dare tell me I've been "whimsical"! ;)

No, seriously, just redecorated The Symposium, my web forum, in order to add in two new forums which are in cahoots with the traffic garnered from the Christian Guide to Fantasy, and also to make another pass at a few of the forums with whose lay-out I've not been particularly happy. You can see everything I did over there. Thanks to Julie for the pic of the Jeanie Johnston.

Rather frustrating experience last night: my computer ate this awesome blog I had. It was finished, it was poetic, it was deep - it was eaten. See what I mean about putting your trust in things that will certainly let you down? Anywho, so I've got another way to approach the subject, but the writing of it will have to wait. I'm going off to bed *gasp* but will leave me with these thoughts.

1) Good golly I love the ocean. And the color blue. And the blue of the ocean. And Bellwether Blue most of all. And if I could drown in the color blue, I'd be happy. All shades, all comers, all varieties - every tint and hue. I've a blue mouse and a blue cup and a wardrobe that's half that color - although I look better in creams and pinks *sigh.* Little wonder the Heavens hold such majesty! All hail oxygen which spurns that color and gives it back to us! Huzzah!

2) I'd forgotten that the Charlotte Church "Best of" CD is really very good. And I am fortunate to have a father who doesn't mind that I play the CD five times in a row.

3) Today was simply glorious. I couldn't quite figure out what country it reminded me of - somewhere between Stratford and Rome, I think (or rather, the prelude to Rome). Marvellous. I needed to be seeing the sights of Bath. Instead, I went for a walk with Peter - but not to the graveyard, merely around the triangle. Why not to my old haunt? Because...

4) ...of a very grave matter. Remember the guy with weasels on leashes? I've seen him and his buds around there again. Creepy. I called the police over it - no idea how that turned out, but I don't often get "bad spiritual vibes" - but these were just POURING off of them. Very creepy. I hope they're gone.

5) I've decided to definitely make a plea for First Friday adoration, during the school hours. I'll bring up my kids, and get the other religion teachers to do so as well, and we can advertise at the parish, and begin and end with benediction, whilst each class during their period can do a decade of the rosary, a reading from the Bible, and perhaps intercessions, as well as silent adoration. But, oh Lord! I need prayers and Your words to soften the hearts of those with whom I will speak! Please please let it happen! There is no greater teacher than You, Lord - and You is Who they need. Amen.

6) Still can't find my Complete Works of Shakespeare. Very odd. But I picked up some material yesterday from Wal-Mart for Midsummer Night's Dream. Six yards of this green fiery leafy material for Oberon's court, three yards of hot pink fiery material for one of Titania's court (potentially), and three yards of this AWFUL striped white, yellow, light blue and navy - all pretty colors in themselves, but it smacks of a desperate nautical designer. It'll be perfect for somewhere in Pyramus and Thisbe.

7) I am now networked again to the other computers and their files. And we are glad.

Mood: Achy, but content
Music: Tuck Everlasting - gorgeous! So odd to see Elspeth's face staring at me, however, whenever I look at the cover for that movie.
What is Good: Although my computer is hesitant about working with other hardware, it is letting me use a real mouse! And my tunnelling carp are in part vanquished!
Today's Link: Cool blog here about today's readings and The Secret Lives of Dentists. As well as here about the artistry of one's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home